Display chinese letterings in email

Thread: Display chinese letterings in email

Default Display chinese letterings in email

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;m writing an asp program to generate email. <BR><BR>My problem is, should I insert additional statement to my code so that it can recognize chinese characters because i tried to generate chinese lettering content and found that the content is in "unrecognized characters form" at the receipient&#039;s side. Below is portion of my code. (For your information I use njstar to read chinese letterings and my character set defination in html is charset=gb2312)<BR><BR>set oMail = server.createobject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")<BR>oMail.Add Recipient mRName, mREmail<BR>oMail.FromName = mSName<BR>oMail.FromAddress = mSEmail<BR>oMail.RemoteHost = mMailServerName<BR>oMail.Subject = mSubject<BR>oMail.BodyText = mBody<BR>on error resume next<BR>oMail.ContentType = "text/html"<BR>if oMail.SendMail then<BR> ...<BR>else<BR> ...<BR>end if<BR><BR><BR>Can anyone help ? Thanks.<BR><BR><BR>Harry<BR><BR>

Default RE: Display chinese letterings in email

Change/Set the contenttype to suit the chinese characterset<BR>Example: for Europian characters: contenttype=Unicode<BR>