Accessing a file on a network drive with ASP

Thread: Accessing a file on a network drive with ASP

Charles Tatum II Guest

Default Accessing a file on a network drive with ASP

Our web server has two fixed drives, C and D. I can create files on both those drives just fine. But the server is connected to a (logical) network drive, F, another computer. I want to create a file on F.<BR><BR>I have seen the "GetFolder" method but I&#039;m thinking that&#039;s mainly for fixed drives, not network drives. Does anyone know how I would go about creating a text file in a folder on a network drive?<BR><BR>"Thanks, now I&#039;m gonna hang up and listen."<BR><BR>

Default RE: Accessing a file on a network drive with ASP

I&#039;ve tried but have never been able to do it. The only idea I have is from<BR><BR>The anonymous IIS user does not have rights to access network drives. The is a security feature and has nothing to do with functionality of the component. To change that:<BR><BR> 1) Make sure you have a full backup before making any changes to your registry, available. Incorrect<BR> settings can make the server machine unusable. ServerObjects Inc. will not be liable for damages<BR> arising use or misuse of this information. Be very careful when making changes to the registry. Run<BR> Regedt32.exe. Modify the<BR> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesL anmanServerParameters registry<BR> setting for the value NullSessionShares to include the share name of the disk you wish to access. This<BR> allows unauthenticated users to access the specified drive. This may not work on Novell drives.<BR>