This worked before!!!

Thread: This worked before!!!

Chris McD Guest

Default This worked before!!!

I am trying to connect to my db and write values, i recieve a uesrid through a querystring and then check for it in the db,<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim objRS, strUserID, bolFound, strUrl<BR> strUserID = Request.QueryString("userid")<BR><BR> <BR> Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> objRS.Open "recruiter_account", objConn, , , adCmdTable<BR> bolFound = False <BR> <BR> &#039;look for userid in database<BR> Do While Not (objRS.EOF OR bolFound)<BR> If (StrComp(objRS("userid"), strUserID, vbTextCompare) =0) Then<BR> BolFound = True<BR> Else<BR> objRS.MoveNext<BR> End If<BR> Loop<BR>%&#062;<BR>Then some html and Response.Write&#039;s<BR><BR>I get this,<BR>ADODB.Field (0x80020009)<BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.<BR><BR>If i put <BR><BR>If bolfound = true Then<BR>the html and response.writes<BR>End If<BR><BR>I get some html but none of the response.writes.<BR><BR>What am I doing wrong (this time)?<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR><BR>Chris

Default Why don't you just query the table???

You know, perform a simple SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE username = &#039;" & Request("username" "&#039; "<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry