external inc

Thread: external inc

richy Guest

Default external inc

Can include files only be local addresses?<BR>I had the following<BR>&#060;!--#include file="checkpwd.asp"--&#062;<BR>which worked fine, but when I put the full address of the page in<BR>&#060;!--#include file="http://www.bob.com/file/checkpwd.asp"--&#062;<BR>the script told me that it couldn&#039;t find the page, but when I extracted the address, it worked fine.

RDM Guest

Default RE: external inc

The include directive needs local directories. If you are having problems with relative addressing issues (which based on your attempt here appears that way), you&#039;ll really want to create a virtual directory under the root and place the include there. Then, reference it as<BR>&#060;!--#include virtual="includes/checkpwd.asp"--&#062;<BR><BR>This will ensure that you don&#039;t have nested include problems in conjunction with relative addressing. Then, as long as you use root addressing for other html oriented files (graphics, media, etc...relative ex. ../sytles/style.css root ex. /styles/style.css), you shouldn&#039;t problems with using your include files from anywhere.