Timed splash screen while images load?

Thread: Timed splash screen while images load?

Dan Pollitt Guest

Default Timed splash screen while images load?

Hi<BR><BR>Just wondering if there was a good way to hold a user at a splash page whilst images for my site loaded, and then after a certain amount of time it redirected them into the now speedy site?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Dan

Default How about Flash?

We all know flash can do this... Version 5.0 has lots of ASP and even Java capabilities.... you can program it... look into that.. it&#039;s the nicest method out there... <BR><BR>Vadim C.

Dan Pollitt Guest

Default RE: How about Flash?

Trouble is, Flash costs money and I have little.....<BR>any other ideas?

Dan Evans Guest

Default Splash screens, grr..!

To be honest, splash screens piss me off. While I&#039;m waiting for images to load I could spend the time reading the text on a site. If I&#039;m forced to sit and do nothing but look at a pretty logo for a minute or two I&#039;d probably get bored and go elsewhere.<BR><BR>Just try have some interesting content that users can look at while the rest of the page loads in (A news feed, daily update or message of the day for example).<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>-Dan Evans

Default flash = $$$.... right........

Well.... yeah it DOES cost money.... but.... AHEM... it&#039;s up to you. I will NEVER promote anything wrongly here. Cuz once you got Flash installed, there are a zillion tutorial pages out there for splash screens.. www.flashkit.com <BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Vadim C.