MS Script Debugger Problems

Thread: MS Script Debugger Problems

Default MS Script Debugger Problems

I recently reinstalled Win2000 and installed the MS Script Debugger. I am testing my ASP pages through my personal web server and have set app debugger "on" in IIS. When the page hits a "stop", it brings up the debugger, but doesn't sit and wait for me at the "stop"; it proceeds to draw the rest of the page and doesn't allow me to debug (i.e., check vars in the command window, step through, etc.). Anyone have any ideas?

Default Same problem, same config

My ASP works with FileStream objects and doesn&#039;t do much display work at all (just Response.Write output to show me what&#039;s happening). <BR><BR>Some of my functions aren&#039;t doing what I expect. What I want to do is step through the functions in a debugger, but I can&#039;t keep it from running through until it hits a processing error, which is too late. The page that eventually opens in the debugger isn&#039;t my ASP, but the ASP that displays the error message.<BR><BR>I can open the source file for my ASP in the debugger, but it isn&#039;t an active document, so I can&#039;t set a breakpoint.<BR><BR>Somebody please lend me a clue--how do I set a breakpoint somewhere in one of my functions?