Setting "Save As.." filename in IE

Thread: Setting "Save As.." filename in IE

Renidea Guest

Default Setting "Save As.." filename in IE

I need to set the name and extention in the download "Save As.. " dialog box of a document to be downloaded through IE. I know I can set the file name in a "Save As.." dialog box in Netscape by using the following code: <BR><BR>Response.Addheader "Content-Disposition", "inline; filename="sample.doc" <BR><BR>Using the same code in IE results in the document opening in the browser. If I remove the .doc extension from the filename, it correctly prompts with the name "sample" in the save as dialog box. However, then the user does not know the format of the document (It is being used for more than .doc document extensions). Does anyone know of a work around for this problem? Is there a way to save without prompting or force IE to use the save as dialog box?<BR>

Default RE: Setting

Are you using SA-FileUP or ASPUpload to download the file? Also, do you have the following headers:<BR><BR>Response.AddHeader "Content-Length", intFileSize<BR> Response.ContentType = "application/unknown"<BR> Response.CacheControl = "public"<BR>

Default RE: Setting

Change inline; to attachment;