I couldnt run any component i have:(

Thread: I couldnt run any component i have:(

Inanc GUMUS Guest

Default I couldnt run any component i have:(

hi all,<BR><BR>im trying to develop components on visual basic.. first i make &#039;response.write&#039; helper function and i compiled this code to dll.. but it didnt run correct.. i registered the component also. when im trying to create my component with &#039;Server.CreateObject&#039; method; it&#039;s giving an error like this:<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------<BR>Error Type:<BR>Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)<BR>The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.<BR>/dllProject/test.asp, line 2<BR>--------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>please help me, what can i do..thank you.

Andy McCormack Guest

Default RE: I couldnt run any component i have:(

I&#039;m presuming your running on win200. This error can be solved by running dcomcnfg.exe. On the security tab, edit default permissions. This should show NT users with permission to create COM objects. You need to Add the anonymous IIS user eg. IUSR_MACHINENAME to this list, or for out of process IWAM_MACHINENAME. Reboot and everything should be fine.