editing information in databse

Thread: editing information in databse

Default editing information in databse

Hello,<BR><BR>I add data to a database using a form which has dropdown and text boxes. I would like to be able to edit the information using the same form i use to add, ie all record data being displayed in form and i can change it.<BR><BR>anybody know how to do this. I can show my code

Default RE: editing information in databse

You *can* do it all with one form, but it&#039;s generally more complicated than simply using two. But for starters, go look at http://www.LearnASP.com and the series of "lessons" there on "full cycle database" usage...add/edit/delete, etc. Then if you have specific questions, come ask again?<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Medieval Dude Guest

Default RE: editing information in databse

If the user has selected to edit information, pass along the unique ID to the add/edit page. Then within the add/edit page, query the database for the record matching the unique ID. Populate all yer dropdowns and text boxes with the appropriate information from the database. If nothing was passed to the add/edit page, as far as a unique ID goes, then you know that it&#039;s an add. There are some variations to this, and you may think of some off the top of yer head, but this should be enough to get you thinking.