Somebody please help me !!!!

Thread: Somebody please help me !!!!

Default Somebody please help me !!!!

Hi<BR>I have a weird problem with Refreshing the page.<BR><BR>I have a login page, which asks for a password.<BR>When password is provided, it checks for two sets of conditions.<BR>First, checks for the existence of password in the database. Secondly, if pwd is valid, checks for the pwd+last login combination.<BR>If for the pwd, the lastlogin date is today, then display just the homepage.<BR>If not today, then display homepage and another window which displays a game, so that the user can play the game and win prizes.<BR><BR>If I open up a new instance of the browser, it is working as I wanted it to. But once after playing the game, if I close that game window, go back (using back button) to login form and give another valid password, who have not played the game, it shows up the game window, but with the previously played game.<BR><BR>I tried using &#060;meta&#062; tags to refresh it. But it refreshes every 2 seconds. For every refresh it takes on new games from the database (as once the game is displayed, a flag is updated in the table as this game is played).<BR><BR>If I dont give that &#060;meta&#062; tag, then it displays the played game.If you refresh the page, it shows up new game. Now I want to have the page refreshed when it is shown.<BR><BR>Note: If I close the browser and open it, it works fine. This problem occurs only when I go back using back button and try to login again with a new password.<BR><BR>Thank you for any help<BR>

Paully Guest

Default RE: Somebody please help me !!!!

I do "something" similar but I set a cookie the first time the game shows up.<BR><BR>Then I check for the cookie if it&#039;s game. Maybe even a session variable...or combination...

Sunny Guest

Default RE: Somebody please help me !!!!

Rao,<BR><BR>insert these statements on the top of u&#039;r page<BR><BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.Expires = 0<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR><BR>Sunny