Provider error '80004005' on refresh

Thread: Provider error '80004005' on refresh

Default Provider error '80004005' on refresh

OK this is not really a question rather a problem which I have had for ages and after some lengthy searching I have found a solution. The problem was that I could display my page when first viewed but when I tried to refresh the page I would get the following error.<BR><BR>Provider error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>unspecified error<BR><BR>It would then point to my open connection statement. <BR><BR>If I waited a while I was able to view my page again. It is as if it hasn&#039;t closed the previous connection and after a while the connection times-out and you can then create a new connection. Anyway to solve this I edited my connection string from :<BR><BR>strSource = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & "DBQ=E:intranetwwwexploData ManagGDMdbRequest.mdb"<BR><BR>to this :<BR><BR>strSource = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/Data Manag/GDM/db/Request.mdb") &#039;<BR><BR>This solved the problem. <BR><BR>Anyway I hope this helps someone as I know from experience that it was very annoying!<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Provider error '80004005' on refres

Adam,<BR>I am having the same problem but I am using a DSN. Any ideas on what I could do to alleviate this problem?