filesystemobject problem

Thread: filesystemobject problem

NHA Guest

Default filesystemobject problem

I used filesystemobject to view a list of files on my webserver and it&#039;s worked fine but when I try to use it to view files on my local machine or on a remote server it gave me this error :<BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800a004c&#039; <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/testing-purpose/testing_n/default.asp, line 33 <BR><BR>The operation completed successfully. <BR>what is the problem ????<BR>please I need help ASAP

Default RE: filesystemobject problem

I&#039;m guessing that this is related to read permissions. I mean if it works on your own web server&#039;s directory that&#039;s because you have admin rights. If you upload it to some remote server, where you might not have those rights, then it will not permit file reading.<BR><BR>I looked this up on MSDN, this is what they say...different from what I think... <BR><BR><BR>Hope this can help you in any way, <BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Vadim C.

Default MORE > Check this out...

check this page out too, towards the bottom, or simply do a Ctr+f (find) keyword: 0177 This is permission related, like I thought.. <BR><BR><BR>Good luck,<BR><BR>Vadim C.