Javascript and ASP. Please Help

Thread: Javascript and ASP. Please Help

Default Javascript and ASP. Please Help

Hi,<BR><BR>I am trying to combine Javascript and ASP code together however am uncertain how to about doing so. What I am trying to do is that on the page main is a link which uses a javascript code of This mini window then pulls the records from the database e.g. categories. When the user clicks this he is directed within the same window to all the products under those catgeories. How can I then specify within that window that when the user clicks to see more info on that product, the information is shown on the main page.<BR><BR>I managed to do so with HTML and Javascript by doing so<BR><BR>Javascript code:<BR>&#060;!-- hide<BR>function goThere(newURL) {<BR> opener.document.location = newURL; <BR> }<BR> <BR>// ---&#062;<BR><BR>Then:<BR><BR>The link code:<BR>&#060;a href="javascript:goThere(&#039;/test/test.html&#039;)"&#062;Test&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>How can I do the same using ASP instead of HTML eg <BR><BR>"../products/catinfo.asp?catcode=&#060;%=rscat("cat")%&#062;"&# 062;&#060;%=rscat("catdes")%&#062;<BR><BR>Do I simply replace the HTML link with the ASP link<BR><BR>I appreciate any help.<BR>

Default you answered your own question...

javascript doesn&#039;t see those as variables, it sees those as set values, so just plug in the asp link, and you&#039;ll be set.