using href anchors in asp URLs

Thread: using href anchors in asp URLs

Dvorak Guest

Default using href anchors in asp URLs

I store a reference to pages in a db table such as:<BR>myLink = ""<BR><BR>Then, to create a link to that page I use:<BR>response.redirect myLink<BR><BR>... Which works fine until I try to place an anchor tag in the URL like so:<BR>myLink = ""<BR><BR>That generates an error "Incorrect syntax near &#039;#mytest&#039;"<BR><BR>Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be done?

Dvorak Guest

Default Sorry for the double post.

Sorry to post that twice, thought it did not make it the first time - my mistake.<BR><BR>Anyway, I have isolated the problem. It refers to the point where I try to parse the URL string for the ID attribute. For some reason, ASP thinks the ID attribute is "7#mytest" instead of "7".<BR><BR>So I suppose that I could search for the "#" sign and replace everything to the right of that with "" and place what is left into the "ID" variable.<BR><BR>I know this probably involves inStr. Any suggestions???

squeaky Guest

Default RE: Sorry for the double post.

Dvorak Guest

Default RE: Sorry for the double post.

that does not work.<BR><BR>pagename.asp?ID=7 is not the same as pagename.asp#test?ID=7 (atleast under ASP3.0) the server cannot parse the id attribute when an # appears after the ".asp" extension. Atleast in my testing.