Connection problem

Thread: Connection problem

Default Connection problem

I am trying to connect to an access db that is on my workstn. through the websvr I keep getting this error:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR>/FlightLog/ASP Page1.asp, line 9<BR>Dim conn <BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.Co nnectionString = "DSN=DAF;User Id=Admin;Description=Daf;UID=Admin;APP=Microsoft Development Environment;WSID=PEX;DATABASE=daf;Trusted_Connecti on=Yes"<BR> <BR>conn.Open<BR>Set OpenDatabase = conn <BR><BR>I have made sure that all folders are shared, I have also shut down everything that could possibly be accessing this db still error. Thanks for looking<BR><BR>

Default RE: Connection problem

You have to make sure that IUSR_webservername has priveleges for the .mdb file and its containing folder. Go to msdn and search for you need permission to view its data (or some part of the error string)(80004005 will also work but there are a variety of things that throw this error). There you will find a discussion of what to do.