Simple question about meta data

Thread: Simple question about meta data

Default Simple question about meta data

Hi, I have created an alumni web page and have put the following code im the &#060;meta content&#062; part:<BR><BR>&#060;meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"&#062;<BR>&#060;META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="alumni, graduate, UCC, University College Cork, Commerce, BIS, Accounting, ireland, Finance, Commerce Graduates, graduates, Commerce Graduate Association, Commerce Alumni Association, Information,"&#062;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR> Yet <BR><BR>Yet when I type in "UCC Commerce Graduate Association" in the Yahoo Search engine the link to my page doesn;t come up, can anyone tell me what I&#039;m doing wrong?

Luke Bailey Guest

Default RE: Simple question about meta data

Presence in search engines is not quite automatic although it may appear to be sometimes.<BR><BR>How to get in a search engine:<BR><BR>1) Submit your site manually - using meta tags will help your submission to be successfull.<BR><BR>2) Be spidered!<BR><BR>Search engines &#039;spider&#039; the web by following every link on every page and cataloging the contents of each page they find. If no one is linking to your page and you don&#039;t manually submit then you will never find yourself in any search engines!

Default RE: Simple question about meta data

Did you submit the site to Yahoo?<BR><BR><BR>Meta tags don&#039;t do anything if the search engines never come across your site. Besides, I don&#039;t think yahoo looks at meta tags. Other serach engines do however.