Search page with Index Server 2.0

Thread: Search page with Index Server 2.0

Egon Pas Guest

Default Search page with Index Server 2.0

I am really having trouble with MS Index Server 2.0.<BR>MS Index Server is installed on a NT Server of my hosting company.<BR>I wrote (using examples.. I am a beginner) an asp page wich made the connection to the index server and gives the results under the form of a table.<BR>I created an Index Server Query Object and made a recordset.<BR> set ixQuery = Server.CreateObject("ixsso.Query")<BR> ixQuery.Columns = _<BR> "doctitle, vpath, filename, size, write, characterization, rank"<BR> ixQuery.SortBy = "rank[d]"<BR> ixQuery.MaxRecords = 300<BR> ixQuery.Query = "$contents" & target<BR><BR> set queryRS = ixQuery.CreateRecordSet("nonsequential")<BR><BR>Wi th that recordset I could present the results in a nice and clear way.<BR>Everything works fine, except... index server only search in it&#039;s own directory. How can I point index server to the right directory (I asked the directory of my website to my provider: "d:www\"<BR><BR>It seems to be quite an easy problem, but I have been trying everything for 6 hours now... so any help would be greatly appreciated!<BR><BR><BR><BR>regards,<BR><BR><BR>Eg on

Default RE: Search page with Index Server 2.0

talk to your hosting company. the have configured it, so can set you upo with a path in index server you need to use to index your documents only !

Egon Pas Guest

Default RE: Search page with Index Server 2.0

I will do this right now... <BR>I just wanted to be sure not to ask my hosting company silly questions, e.g. asking to configure the path for index server if I can do it myself<BR><BR><BR>tx for your advice