How do I add IUSR_LocalMachine acess to SQL Server

Thread: How do I add IUSR_LocalMachine acess to SQL Server

Default How do I add IUSR_LocalMachine acess to SQL Server

How do I add IUSR_LocalMachine access to SQL Server?<BR><BR>I&#039;ve been developing with MSDE and have been able to connect to my database through my ASP pages. I just got my SQL Developer Edition and can&#039;t connect to my pages now.<BR><BR>I get an error "Login failed for user &#039;CC71908-AIUSR_CC71908-A&#039;". CC71908-A is my computer. The error code is: 0x80040E4D.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve read the pages at the links below, but can&#039;t figure this out.<BR>-<BR>-<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got SQLServer set to Windows Only on the password verification.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve updated my connection string through the Data Link udl file which says the connection string is good.<BR><BR>My connection string is: "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=DATABASE;Data Source=CC71908-A" where DATABASE is the actual name of my database.<BR><BR>Please help. Thanks,<BR>Chris<BR><BR>

Luke Bailey Guest

Default RE: How do I add IUSR_LocalMachine acess to SQL Se

You dont. :-(<BR><BR>The IUSER_ account is a local account which although present in user manager on any server in your domain will only have effect when applied on the machine on which it was created.<BR><BR>You need to create a domain user account and use that as the default anonymous account in IIS for your virtual directory and also as the account for access on your SQL server.