remove row from array

Thread: remove row from array

Default remove row from array

if I know which row in an array I want to remove .. how do I remove that row .. so that all the rows "below" it are moved up

Default *You* have to do it...

...there is no automatic "insert" or "remove" of array elements built into VBScript. Or, for that matter, into most computer languages. The very notion of inserting/deleting an array element is, in a way, against the point of using arrays. Typically, if you have a list that you want to insert/delete into/from, you would use some other data structure than an array.<BR><BR>Having said all that...<BR><BR>If you still want to do it:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Function removeElement( fromArray, which )<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; Dim i, newsz<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; newsz = UBound( fromArray ) - 1<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; For i = which To newsz<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; fromArray(i) = fromArray(i+1)<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; Next<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; ReDim Preserve fromArray( newsz )<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; removeElement = fromArray<BR>End Function<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>As you may or may not be able to tell, that is a *VERY* "expensive" operation. Best done sparingly, if at all.<BR><BR>