invoke javascript on email?????

Thread: invoke javascript on email?????

manish khopkar Guest

Default invoke javascript on email?????

How do i invoke javascript or jscript events on email. i mean client side validations. can anyone help me out.<BR><BR>The following code i am writing on email body. This was working fine previously. <BR><BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>function showalert()<BR>{<BR>document.txtmsg.value="this is working"<BR>}<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR>&#060;form name=test&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=textbox name=txtmsg&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=button onclick="javascript:showalert()"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Now i found that the mailservers change the code for security reasons.<BR>i am using jmail for sending emails. My platform is asp 2.0 with sqlserver 7.0 as backend. <BR><BR>can you help me out?<BR>

Default RE: invoke javascript on email?????

so that script is IN the body of an email message? why? what&#039;s the point? <BR><BR>recent security alerts mean that anyone with any sense has scripting disabled in their mail clients, and the majority of clients wouldn&#039;t support this anyway. a lot of online mail providers strip JS code from messages as pottential security risks. is there somethign you&#039;re trying to acieve? maybe we can suggets a different method?<BR><BR>j