Assign Javascript Variable to ASP Variable

Thread: Assign Javascript Variable to ASP Variable

HW Guest

Default Assign Javascript Variable to ASP Variable

How do you assign a value contained within a Javascript variable to a variable created in ASP?

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: Assign Javascript Variable to ASP Variable

Have a hidden variable and store tha javascript value in to that variable and access the variable thru request in ASP<BR>&#060;form name="test"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="Something"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>document.test.Something.value = JavascriptValue<BR>----------<BR>&#060;%=Request("Something") %&#062;<BR>-------------- But remember you should submit the form.

HW Guest

Default How to do this without submitting the form?

How can you do this without having to submit the form?

Default RE: How to do this without submitting the form?

I&#039m assuming you aret talking about client-side javascript. Remember, once the javascript is executing, the ASP has already been processed by the server; the client-side javascript has no knowledge of anything ASP. In order to get the JS variable back to ASP (the server), you need to re-submit it. I had some trouble with this concept myself. Perhaps what you are attempting has another solution? Let us know,<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR><BR>Mike

HW Guest

Default Trying Another Solution

I will be trying another solution : just sticking w/ pure javascript. I will hard code each form component and call a javascript function. <BR><BR>The reason I wanted to store the Javascript into ASP was b/c I had intended to create a dynamic number of HTML form components. I needed to identify each component uniquely i.e.<BR>1txtBox, 2txtBox, etc. I was planning to keep track of the unique identifier in Javascript and ASP somehow. Also, some of these components are dynamically filled dropdown boxes for which I use Javascript to fill other components depending on the choice selected. I was thinking of manipulating it w/ ASP and javascript somehow, but I&#039ll stick to the javasript solution I have. <BR><BR>Thanks.