This isn&#039;t a question or even necessarily "insight." Just a solution I have (quite dumbly) stumbled upon after a day-and-a-half of pulling my hair out.<BR><BR>I have an Access DB that contains several normal text fields, along with one "memo" field. The memo field contains text entries exceeding 250 characters (mostly about 1000 characters in my case).<BR><BR>The problem is that when I did an SQL search on the DB from ASP, my rs field corresponding to the Access memo field included only the first 255 characters of my memo field&#039;s contents.<BR><BR>I tried several possible solutions to this problem posted to 4Guys&#039;s message boards, including listing my memo field last in the SQL statement, making only one call to the rs field, and using rs.Field.GetChunk. None worked in my particular case.<BR><BR>The solution which I have found which actually IS working (and I&#039;m sending a letter to Bill Gates asking for a full explanation) is simply to SELECT *, instead of to SELECT individual field names, in my SQL statement.<BR><BR>For what it&#039;s worth, inside of Access, my memo field is NOT listed last in its table, after all of the other text fields.<BR><BR>After my SQL statement, the rule about not calling the rs memo field more than once does seem to apply. (If I try to call it a second time, I get nothing.)<BR><BR>So here&#039;s basically what my code looks like:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> sql = "SELECT * "<BR> sql = sql & "FROM tblThings "<BR> sql = sql & "WHERE tblThings.ID=" &<BR> Request.Form("ID")<BR> rsAlerts.Open sql, amphibianetDB<BR><BR> MyMemoField = rs("MyMemoField")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>After creating the MyMemoField, I can response.write my memo information, or otherwise deal with it, as many times as I want on the page. For example:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Response.Write MyMemoField<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Hope this helps.