ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'

Thread: ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'

TennTom Guest

Default ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'

Yet another 800a0e7a error...<BR><BR>I searched for this code and found 55 hits. All of the threads danced around my situation, but none addressed it completely...<BR><BR>I am moving a functional WWW application from one server to another. On the old server, it works properly, but on the new one, I get the following error:<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039;800a0e7a&#039; <BR>Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. <BR>/tom/SessionLogin.asp, line 48 <BR><BR>The code which produces this error follows:<BR><BR>Set connection_login = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>connect ion_login.Open "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=taxrelief;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=taxrelief;Data Source=OMSDB01"<BR><BR>I have tried many variations of this (including some of the ones suggested in other threads on this message board), but still no luck. Again, it works properly on the old server. <BR><BR>I can connect to a table in the databae via a Perl script on the same server, however, using its ODBC interface. I am not familiar enough with ADO to know the differences in the two processes.<BR><BR>My guess is that I have something set wrong in IIS, the ODBC Source or operating system which is causing the error. What do you think? Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!<BR><BR>The database is Oracle 8, the MDAC version is 2.6, the operating system is NT 4.0, I am using IIS 4.... and I am pulling my hair out.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your assistance!

TennTom Guest

Default RE: ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'

By the way, IIS4 was added to the new server long after it was set-up and configured with NT 4.0. I spent a lot of time cleaning up the permissions so that IIS would run properly (the install didn&#039;t set them up right for the internet user account). Might this problem be permission-related in some way?