I know that I am supposed to explicitly close connections to speed up response and reduce errors, but I have not been able to find out EXACTLY how, or where, to do it.<BR><BR>Is the info derived from a RecordSet available as soon as it is opened, so that I should close it right away - or should I wait until after I USE the information from the RS, later in the code somewhere?<BR><BR>Below is a snippet of code (from the same page that was producing the "error in SYNTAX" BTW). How, and where, do I close these connections?<BR><BR> &#060;%<BR>var rsBreeds = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");<BR>rsBreed s.ActiveConnection = "dsn=thed27.breedsdb;";<BR>rsBreeds.Source = "SELECT * FROM Breeds";<BR>rsBreeds.CursorType = 0;<BR>rsBreeds.CursorLocation = 2;<BR>rsBreeds.LockType = 3;<BR>rsBreeds.Open();<BR>var rsBreeds_numRows = 0;<BR>%&#062; &#060;%<BR>var rsBreeders = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");<BR>rsBreed ers.ActiveConnection = "dsn=thed27.breedsdb;";<BR>rsBreeders.Source = "SELECT breeder_ID, kennel_name FROM Breeders WHERE Occupation1=1 OR Occupation2=1 ORDER BY kennel_name";<BR>rsBreeders.CursorType = 0;<BR>rsBreeders.CursorLocation = 2;<BR>rsBreeders.LockType = 3;<BR>rsBreeders.Open();<BR>var rsBreeders_numRows = 0;<BR>%&#062;