FileSystemObject problem

Thread: FileSystemObject problem

Aimskee Lou Guest

Default FileSystemObject problem

I created a FileSystem Object with CreateObject and created a file called myregs.txt. It is working because whatever I append to the file, the page shows me the new info.<BR>The problem is I can&#039;t find myregs.txt anywhere on the computer. I didn&#039;t map a path, but it has to be saved somewhere, as the accumulating info I am putting in the file to test is coming up.<BR>Where the "Heck" could it be? <BR>This is the code I have:<BR><BR>Set nfile = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR>Set nf = nfile.OpenTextFile("myregs.txt",8)<BR><BR>I originally have fs.CreateTextFile, then changed it to OpenTextFile to see if it was saving.<BR>I just don&#039;t know where the "Heck" the file is. It isn&#039;t in the subdirectory on the web where I have saved this page.<BR><BR>Thanks for any help.

Default RE: FileSystemObject problem

has it been created as a hidden file? change your windows explorer settings to show all files, thn use FIND in your start menu to find the file. it should be in the same subdirectory as the ASP script.<BR><BR>j