aspmailing system

Thread: aspmailing system

rahul Guest

Default aspmailing system

hello <BR>i want to ask, how can i use to sending maill and receving mails ?what is exactly cdo object ? wher i could get more info <BR>about it .<BR>rahul

Default RE: aspmailing system

Hi, <BR><BR>Check out the ASP FAQ on emails, they have plenty on CDONTs and other possible mailing systems. Scott Mitchell talks about them plenty.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Vadim C.

Default RE: aspmailing system

CDO NTS stands for Collaboration Data Objects for NT Server.<BR>When we want to use SMTP services which is the standard protocol through which we can send and receive emails very easily(Though it has many drawbacks),the most dependable and easiest method of using SMTP is using CDONTS.<BR>We also have to understand how SMTP works.It is simple.It uses two directories,named drop and pickup.Pick up directory is for sending emails.<BR>whenever it finds the mails in the directory,it tries to send it.<BR>If it can&#039;t send it immediately,it will keep the message in <BR>queue.If message can&#039;t be delievered,it will be in Badmail directory.<BR>The same way we can receive emails.<BR>To use the component,you have to instatciate kit to access its methods and properties.<BR>set mymail=server.createobject("CDONTS.newmail")<BR>Th en addresses name,body of mail,subject of mail and carbon copy if reqd.<BR><BR>mymail.from=..<BR>mymail .body=..<BR>mymail.subject=..<BR><BR>s et mymail=nothing<BR>Shoud close the component as soon as possible so others van immediately access it.