I have the following code, <BR>they idea is to create a disconnected recordset in JScript: <BR><BR>var DBConnect = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"); <BR>DBConnect.open(DSN); <BR>var DBqplistLink = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR>SQLString = "SELECT * FROM qplistLinks" <BR>DBqplistLink.ActiveConnection = DBConnect; <BR>DBqplistLink.CursorLocation = adUseClient; <BR>DBqplistLink.CursorType = adOpenStatic; <BR>DBqplistLink.lockType = adLockReadOnly; <BR>DBqplistLink.Open(SQLString); <BR>DBqplistLink.ActiveConnection = null; <BR>if (DBConnect.State) {DBConnect.close()}; <BR>delete DBConnect; <BR><BR>As far as I can tell this should work, but I <BR>get the following two errors: <BR><BR>in the line; <BR>DBqplistLink.ActiveConnection = null; <BR>the error is: <BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0bb9&#039; <BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>and in the line: <BR>if (DBConnect.State) {DBConnect.close()}; <BR>the error is: <BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0e78&#039; <BR>Operation is not allowed when the object is closed. <BR><BR>which seems strange since I&#039;ve just tested for the connections State property. <BR><BR>Anyone know how to make this work? <BR><BR>Regards <BR>RUUD <BR>