I have the following code, <BR>they idea is to create a disconnected recordset in JScript:<BR><BR>var DBConnect = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection");<BR>DBConn ect.open(DSN);<BR>var DBqplistLink = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>SQLStrin g = "SELECT * FROM qplistLinks"<BR>DBqplistLink.ActiveConnection = DBConnect;<BR>DBqplistLink.CursorLocation = adUseClient;<BR>DBqplistLink.CursorType = adOpenStatic;<BR>DBqplistLink.lockType = adLockReadOnly;<BR>DBqplistLink.Open(SQLString);<B R>DBqplistLink.ActiveConnection = null;<BR>if (DBConnect.State) {DBConnect.close()};<BR>delete DBConnect; <BR><BR>As far as I can tell this should work, but I <BR>get the following two errors:<BR><BR>in the line;<BR>DBqplistLink.ActiveConnection = null;<BR>the error is:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0bb9&#039; <BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>and in the line:<BR>if (DBConnect.State) {DBConnect.close()};<BR>the error is:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0e78&#039; <BR>Operation is not allowed when the object is closed. <BR><BR>which seems strange since I&#039;ve just tested for the connections State property. <BR><BR>Anyone know how to make this work?<BR><BR>Regards<BR>RUUD<BR>