Thread: BobT

Bob Traulsen Guest

Default BobT

My Webhost just upgraded to Win 2000 Server and now when I try to create two recordsets I get the following error when trying to create the second recordset:<BR>---<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use &#039;(unknown)&#039;; file already in use. <BR>/mrnomad/catalog.asp, line 24 <BR>----<BR>This worked fine when they were running NT4.0 Servers. The code segment in question is:<BR><BR>15 stropencat = "select * FROM cat ORDER BY seq, name;"<BR>16 stropenscid = "select * FROM scid ORDER BY cid, seq, name;" <BR>17<BR>18 set rscat = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>19 rscat.Open stropencat, strConnectCatalog, 1, 3<BR>20 rscat.Movefirst<BR>21 <BR>22 <BR>23 set rsscid = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>24 rsscid.Open stropenscid, strConnectCatalog, 1, 3<BR>25 rsscid.MoveFirst<BR><BR>I&#039;m at a loss here.<BR>Thanks in advance for your help<BR>

Default RE: BobT

Is it possible that it&#039;s b/c you are using the same string to connect to the DB? I know that sounds kind of far-fetched, but give it a try. I&#039;d either do a .close of the connection and then re-open it, or just re work your code using only one connection string.

Bob Traulsen Guest

Default RE: BobT

What is really getting me is that this code works just fine on a NT 4.0 Server as well as my Win 98 w/PWS development system. What I am doing is trying to open two recordsets from two different tables contained within the same db file. I need both record sets open at the same time to create a table of contents of a product catalog. Should I consider loading the smaller catagory table into an array and then close it&#039;s recordset and then open/create the second longer sub-catagory recordset? .