Hello again. A couple of posts down, I asked how I would pass a variable from ASP to SQL. Hats off to Eric, who gave this reponse:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>strvariable = Request.Form("variable")<BR><BR>sqlText = "SELECT * FROM TableA "<BR>sqlText = sqlText & " WHERE variable=" & strvariable & ";"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I see why this SHOULD work, but it isn&#039t. I think I may be using an incorrect Cursor Type or Lock Type. However, I am so new to SQL that I am not sure. The code shown below is what I started with. So my question is, how would I combine that with the code Eric gave me?<BR><BR>Thanks again.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set rstMain = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rstMain.Open [SQL STATMENT HERE] "DSNMain",2, 3<BR><BR>rstMain.addnew<BR>rstMain("Variable1") = request.form("HiddenFormField")<BR><BR>rstMain.upd ate<BR>rstMain.close<BR>set rstMain = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>ERROR MESSAGE:<BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.