Email with client attachments (ActiveMail)

Thread: Email with client attachments (ActiveMail)

Ron Low Guest

Default Email with client attachments (ActiveMail)

Has anyone tried ActiveMail or other component that let&#039;s users send email with attachments from client machine? Reviews? Warnings? <BR><BR>I don&#039;t know the 1st about how these components get installed on the server. Where can I start learning? <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>-Ron<BR>

Default RE: Email with client attachments (ActiveMail)

I&#039;ve never tried using ActiveMail, but I have used CDONTS, which comes by default in IIS 5 (and 4, I think). If you are using CDONTS, there is a property for attach: object.Attach (location of attachment). This seems to be a pretty good method of sending email.<BR><BR>As far as using a 3rd party component, you can register it with MTS (now component services) on a 2000 box. Once you&#039;ve registered it, you can reference it within your ASP page. Good luck!

Ron Low Guest

Default RE: Email with client attachments (ActiveMail)

CDONTS allows for attachements of files which exist on the server. ActiveMail allows the user to browse for files on the client machine and include them as attachements; which is why I am so interested. <BR><BR>We are not using a 2000 server, but we may switch soon I am told. I don&#039;t get to touch the server, but I wanted to learn about it so I know if the server guy is legit when he tells me something can&#039;t be done.