error '80004005'

Thread: error '80004005'

Default error '80004005'

I work at a small company and have jsut recently learned ASP. I am not that familiar with what software and components need to be running on the server for my pages to work other than IIS. I have tried to set up a page that will record client comments to a database. I continued to get the following error message:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified <BR> <BR>I then tried code that came from a book that I knew was correct. I am wondering if I am missing some type of componenet or software on my server. I do not have a network analyst or technical person here to help me. I thought I might need to load MDAC but did not know where to place it. Any information would be helpful.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Helen

Default RE: error '80004005'

It sounds like you may not have created the data source name...<BR>Either look on the Control Panel, under Aministrative Tools for Data Source(ODBC), or use a DSN-less connection. (I am sure that your book has an example of this as well.<BR>HTH