FileSystemObject Problem

Thread: FileSystemObject Problem

Default FileSystemObject Problem

Hi everyone, <BR><BR>i need to read the text of a html file that is on another server (that i have access via network) to get specific data. i encountered a little problem while trying to read the file. I used a FileSystemObject but it keeps giving me an error that he cannot create the object. <BR><BR>i was wondering if someone could tell me if there is another object i could use to read the file, or even any other method that i could use to do the job! <BR><BR>anyway!<BR><BR>thx in advance<BR><BR>Alain

LeeAnnie Guest

Default A possible solution

This isn&#039;t the best solution, but you may be able to get what you need using ASPTear.<BR><BR><BR>There is also an article somewhere here on 4 Guys, but I am too lazy to look it up for you.... lol<BR><BR>There are a few requirements for this though:<BR>1. The HTML file you are trying to parse should be accessible via HTTP (i.e. it&#039;s an HTML file available via the web)<BR>2. You need to have access you the server that is hosting your web site so you can register the component<BR><BR>I have had success using ASP Tear, so please shoot me a line if you have any questions.<BR><BR>HTH:)