Browser refresh re-inserts my data

Thread: Browser refresh re-inserts my data

bhima Guest

Default Browser refresh re-inserts my data

I have an application which allows the user to see, row by row, a list of data from the database. They have the option to edit, delete, or add a row to the list. If they add a row, and then refresh their browser screen, a duplicated set of data is added once again to the database - every time they refresh. The only solution I can see is to somehow flush the form variables that are submitted after I do the data inserts.<BR><BR>Is this possible? If so, how is it done? Or are there any other ways to avoid this problem? Can I turn the refreshing capabilities off?<BR><BR>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Default RE: Browser refresh re-inserts my data

Is this page doing the processing as well?<BR><BR>That is: does this page display the data and read-in the data for storage in the database?<BR><BR>If so, you may have to seperate the functions so that refreshing will only requery the data and not insert as well.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t think you can turn it off, and I&#039;d be appalled if you could. This is one of those issues that makes the web dev paradigm what it is.