Sending a Registration Confirmation Email

Thread: Sending a Registration Confirmation Email

Default Sending a Registration Confirmation Email

Hi, I&#039;m using a Record Set to add a users details to a DB when he registers his details with an online form. I then want a confirmation email to go to the user. I am not getting any errors with the code I&#039;m using and the users detials are being registered but the email ISN&#039;T getting delivered, can anyone see what the problem is?? Here is the code:<BR><BR>Dim objRS, objCDOMail, Email<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.op en "RegisteredGraduates", objConn, 2, 3, adCmdTable<BR><BR>Email = request.form("Email")<BR><BR><BR>objRS.AddNew<BR>o bjRS("FirstName") = request.form("First")<BR>objRS("LastName") = request.form("Last")<BR>objRS("Title") = request.form("pulldown_titles")<BR>objRS("DOB") = request.form("DOB")<BR>objRS("Address1") = request.form("Address1")<BR>objRS("Address2") = request.form("Address2")<BR>objRS("Address3") = request.form("Address3")<BR>objRS("Address4") = request.form("Address4")<BR>objRS("Country") = request.form("Country")<BR>objRS("Telephone") = request.form("Telephone")<BR>objRS("Email") = request.form("Email")<BR><BR>objRS("SendEmail") = request.form("pulldown_Email")<BR>If request.form("pulldown_Email") &#060;&#062;"No" then<BR>set objCDOMail=server.CreateObject("cdonts.newmail") <BR>objCDOMail.from=" " <BR> Email<BR>objCDOMail.subject="Commerce Graduates Association: Confiramtion of Registration" <BR>objCDOMail.body= "Dear Graduate, " & vbcrlf & "We wish to confirm that you have registered with the Commerce Faculty" & vbcrlf & "Yours,"& vbcrlf & "Marie McSwiney, Commerce Faculty Administrator" <BR><BR>objCDOMail.send() <BR>set objCDOMail=nothing <BR>End If<BR><BR>objRS("PrimaryDegree") = request.form("pulldown_degrees1")<BR>objRS("Yearof Graduation") = request.form("YearofGrad1")<BR>If request.form("pulldown_degrees2")&#060;&#062;"" then<BR>objRS("SecondaryDegree") = request.form("pulldown_degrees2")<BR>End If<BR>objRS("YearofGraduationDegree2") = request.form("YearofGrad2")<BR>If request.form("pulldown_degrees3")&#060;&#062;"" then<BR>objRS("ThirdDegree") = request.form("pulldown_degrees3")<BR>End If<BR>objRS("YearofGraduationDegree3") = request.form("YearofGrad3")<BR>objRS("CompanyName" ) = request.form("CompanyName")<BR>objRS("Position") = request.form("Position")<BR>objRS("Company Address") = request.form("CompanyAddress")<BR><BR><BR>objRS.Up date<BR><BR> <BR><BR>objRS.Close<BR>Set objRS = Nothing<BR><BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR>

Default RE: Sending a Registration Confirmation Email

1. Are you sure Email has a valid value?<BR>2. Is SMTP running on your server?<BR>3. Have you set up SMTP on your server?<BR><BR>If no, go here:<BR><BR>