How to Import text file into Excel

Thread: How to Import text file into Excel

Kelvin Guest

Default How to Import text file into Excel

Hi all,<BR>I like to know how to import text file into excel using ASP.<BR>actually user don&#039;t need to to see the text file however there a button that will convert the text file into Excel. As a result the response.contenttype method is not applicable.<BR>Some of my friend advice me to use createobject method but have no idea how to start pls advice. <BR><BR>Thank you<BR>Pls Help. :)

Sven Cipido Guest

Default RE: How to Import text file into Excel

Hi,<BR><BR>I have done this. I had a result in tableform on my webpage. When the user clicks a button, this result is save as a tempory text-file and then exported to excel. All of this happens in the background.<BR><BR>You have to create an ActiveX to do this. In this ActiveX, you create your excel-object and put the text-file in excel.<BR><BR>You also have to create your own macro&#039;s to load the file.<BR><BR>E-mail me at for an example in VB of the ActiveX. I can give you one. It opens a textfile, put everything in the cells and refromat all the cells to a certain layout.<BR><BR>Hopes this helps you out.<BR>Sven Cipido