How to show a certain field from record

Thread: How to show a certain field from record

Ed Guest

Default How to show a certain field from record

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got a database with several fields, and I need to select a field which matches other fields. I&#039;ve got something like this in my database:<BR><BR>ID&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;LOgID&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Input&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp ;SessionID <BR>5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb sp;4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p; abc...&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp; 0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;< BR>6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p; 4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp ; def...&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp; 3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp ; <BR>7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb sp; 4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp ; ghi...&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp; 4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;< BR><BR>Well, I need to show the Input string from the same record where SessionID equals 0. Is this possible? I hope this is explicit enough so you can help me. <BR><BR>Thank you very much.

Ed Guest

Default Forgive the spaces

ID =&#062; 5 &#124 6 &#124 7<BR><BR>LOgID =&#062; 4 &#124 4 &#124 4<BR><BR>InputID =&#062; abc... &#124 def... &#124 ghi <BR><BR>SessionID =&#062; 0 &#124 3 &#124 4<BR>

Default very basic SQL...

You need to go look at a couple of basic SQL tutorials.<BR><BR>Such as this one:<BR><BR><BR>All you need is something on the order of <BR><BR>SELECT [Input] FROM yourTableName WHERE SessionID = 0<BR><BR>But, really, you probably should bone up a bit on SQL so you can see all the other possibilities. <BR><BR>p.s.: This is not an "advanced" question, for starters, and in any case it would be better asked in the "databases" forums. I am *not* criticizing you for posting it here...just commenting for your future reference.<BR><BR>

Ed Guest

Default RE: very basic SQL...

Oh man, thank you. Sorry I didn&#039;t post in the right forum. I will check the tutorial you told me and I will be more careful when trying to post in a forum.<BR><BR>Thanks!