Mixing JScript and VBScript

Thread: Mixing JScript and VBScript

Default Mixing JScript and VBScript

Within my JScript code I want to assign a value to one variable previously declared on a portion of VBScript code. How can I achieve that? <BR><BR>DValencia

Default by getting on a time machine

and going into the future 10 years.<BR><BR>Assuming you mean VBScript as ASP/Server Side, and assuming you mean JScript as client side, you cannot.<BR><BR>If that&#039;s not what you meant (which is what 99% of the people who ask this question mean -- if you&#039;re not, I apoligise), and both of these are on the same side (server OR client), then you should be able to pass it through without any difficult.

Default right answer with minor caveat...

...and that is that *variables* are *NOT* interchangeable between the two languages. *ONLY* functions are. So you&#039;d need JS functions to set and get the variable&#039;s value that you then call from VBS:<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT Language=JavaScript RunAt=Server&#062;<BR>var whatever;<BR>function getIt( ) { return whatever; }<BR>function setIt( val ) { whatever = val; }<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>...<BR>&#039; to change the value of "whatever":<BR>Call setIt( 73.11 )<BR>&#039; to use the value of "whatever":<BR>x = 17 * getIt( )<BR>...<BR>%&#062;<BR>