Displaying Controlled Documents - Disable Print

Thread: Displaying Controlled Documents - Disable Print

Renidea Guest

Default Displaying Controlled Documents - Disable Print

I'm coding a system for use on an intranet. We're displaying documents in the browser that are controlled, so we don't want users to be able to print them. If they do, we have uncontrolled versions of quality standard and work instructions floating about the manufacturing floor. We want to be sure everyone uses the most up to date version they can view on their local PC. Is there a way to disable the option to print in IE 5?

Default RE: I don't know ... but

I don't have the answer you asked for; however, we have done something similar for ISO documents. I believe that as long as you date the material and/or have revisions numbers so that people can tell they have an older version you are okay.

Default RE: Displaying Controlled Documents - Disable Prin

You can&#039;t control the browser functions. You can only control what goes on inside of the browser window.<BR><BR>The trick here is to hide the contents of the browser window when someone tries to print. You can do that with CSS2. Put the following in the HEAD of the HTML file.<BR><BR>&#060;style&#062;<BR>@media print{<BR> BODY {display:none;}<BR>}<BR>&#060;/style&#062;<BR><BR>This makes everything inside the BODY tag invisible to the printer.