How to write ActiveX components or simular

Thread: How to write ActiveX components or simular

Default How to write ActiveX components or simular

I&#039ve written this bunch of code and it quite big and I&#039m worried (as ever) about server performance. I&#039m also thinking about passing this app on but I&#039d like to keep the code to myself. I&#039ve heard that ActiveX or simular components can be written that will run on the server. They are also ment to be faster then ASP on its own and protect my code.<BR><BR>Question is where do I start to learn about this. I&#039ve been to the Microsoft website and got drowned in registration pages, hundreds of links and TLA&#039s. Is there an easier way to learn to write server side scriptlets or simular? Is there any software that can convert my code for me? Ect.<BR><BR>Pete

Ian S Guest

Default RE: How to write ActiveX components or simular

There are some good articles here:<BR>http://www.15seconds.com/focus/Components.htm

Hello Pete!<BR><BR>There is a great article on 4Guys that talks about doing JUST that! It&#039s called, "Using Business Objects in your Web Application," and can be found at:<BR><BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/110198-1.shtml<BR><BR>

Thanks for that. The 15seconds one was not responding when I tried, think the server may be down, I&#039ll try back later.<BR><BR>The 4 Guys from... page was interesting, makes it sound quite easy, where can I got to get more info from though. Any pointer?<BR><BR>Thanks again<BR><BR>Pete

Mezaache Guest

How to create a report with asp from access database.