Creation of Folders to hold text files

Thread: Creation of Folders to hold text files

Kelsa-Marie Guest

Default Creation of Folders to hold text files

I am working with a database which consists of two tables. Category and Sub-Category. A category can have many sub-categories and each sub-category can have many stories. On entry of a new sub-category into the database I need to create a new folder to hold the stories for that specific sub-category. I need to check if the folder exist, and if so enter the associted stories, if not create a new folder. How do I go about accomplishing this and how do I create the text files in the correct folder?

Default ASPFAQs, category FileSystemObject

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right of this page (and most every page on this site).<BR><BR><BR><BR>If that isn&#039;t enough help, ask again. But perhaps in the regular ASP forum? This isn&#039;t a tough question, and you&#039;ll get the answer a lot faster there.<BR><BR>

Default RE: ASPFAQs, category FileSystemObject

You would want to use the filesystemobject. It would go somthing like this:<BR><BR>dim fso<BR>dim blnFolderExists<BR><BR>set fso = server.createobject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR><BR>blnFolderExi sts = fso.FolderExists ("Path....")<BR><BR>if blnFolderExists=true then<BR> fso.CreateTextFile ("Path....")<BR>else<BR> fso.CreateFolder ("path...")<BR>end if<BR><BR>Like I said, that&#039;s not exactly right, but should get you on your way.<BR>