Hi,<BR><BR>I was wondering if it is possible to use a web form to (with uname and pword fields) to authenticate the passwords with an NT Server to see if the user exists. <BR><BR>My original idea was to have a file that could only be accessed by the users (blocked from the internet guest account) and if that was authenticated, grab their username and place it into a session variable. However, this causes the problems because once the user is authenticated, they will use this ident and not go back to using guest account. Hence the users will need access to all the files (yes we can block view access, but you still can view the code in notepad.)<BR><BR>The admin says that you can do this in VB so i came up with the idea of using a component that you could pass the username & password to, and get that to authenticate. Since the component is compilied, the users cannot view the code that authenticates the password. I was wondering if anyone knew of a component that did this, or had any other ideas about how to get a the username, but have the password stored by NT and NOT giving the users access to the files.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help.<BR>Shannon,<BR>