Crazed idea?

Thread: Crazed idea?

Default Crazed idea?

I have the results of a db lookup displayed in a table that loops through the db until no more matching records are found. What I would like to do is display the results and at the same time e-mail that same info to the user. My quandry is this...the CDONTS mailer that I have uses a form submission to to mail. How would I mail the results without any action on the part of the user? Not real well versed in CDONTS so I'm not sure where to start looking for this type of code. Any pointers or articles would be appreciated.

ppg Guest

Default RE: Crazed idea?

Just cut&#039;n&#039;pasted this over from an article on 4guys, has everything you need, you&#039;ll need to edit it to fit tho.<BR><BR>If you want some context to it, check the whole article:<BR> <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039;THE AUTOEMAIL-----------------------<BR>Set objCDOMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objCDOMai l.From = "AutoEmail"<BR>&#039;objCDOMail.To = strEmail<BR>objCDOMail.To = ""<BR><BR>objCDOMail.Subject = strSubject<BR>strBody = "Here is some text in the body"<BR>strBody = strBody & Chr(13) & "Now here&#039;s the link:" & Chr(13)<BR>strBody= strBody & "http://myserver/nameconfirm.asp?strId=" & strID<BR>objCDOMail.Body = strBody<BR>objCDOMail.Send<BR>Set objCDOMail = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default Thanks! <eop>