I&#039m on the verge of implementing an ASP site to front-end an Oracle 8i database, using stored procedures exlusively. The database is designed well, appears to run fast, and the interfaces appear to be not much more than displaying parameters from the sp&#039s. Here&#039s the catch: the proposed number of users for this site by next year could be pretty phenomenal. Ten to twenty thousand active users is probably not an outlandish number, in the short term. Long term, this number could grow exponentially.<BR>My question is this: If I&#039m simply calling sp&#039s from the database to display parameters, is there truly much of a scalability advantage with building a custom component just to call the sp&#039s? I&#039m actually a big proponent of using them, but in this case, I think that timeframe may be the big issue on their minds, as opposed to quality of coding or long term vision. I&#039m just trying to justify my VB component design.<BR>Does anyone have some general stats or articles on when you should/shouldn&#039t consider component based design? Sorry for the wordiness, but thanks in advance....<BR>