fOnT downloading

Thread: fOnT downloading

Default fOnT downloading

I just learned that it is possible to download a particular font for the user on a web page. I am fond of text because it takes less time to load. However, my question is, will font-downloading take too much time? I want users to stay in my site and not get bored waiting for it. Should I use font-downloading techonlogy or not?

Default RE: fOnT downloading

Firstly here&#039;s a link to a nice article about font embedding:<BR><BR><BR><BR>The answer to your question is really one of commonsense.<BR><BR>So, what&#039;s the question? The question is that you&#039;ve got a whacky font that makes your page look wicked!! Right??<BR><BR>OK, what are your options? Your options are:<BR><BR> 1. Create an image.<BR> 2. Embed a font.<BR> 3. Forget it!<BR><BR>Right, 3&#039;s out of the question, so let&#039;s compare the difference between your options (1 OR 2).<BR><BR>It&#039;s really just a question of file size. Is the image filesize bigger (and therefore longer to download) than the wicked-font filesize??<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Darren<BR>[ ]