Cannot connect DB

Thread: Cannot connect DB

MichaelCher Guest

Default Cannot connect DB

Hi,<BR>i have a problem connecting to Access 2000 DB.Err msg is 80004005.i dont know what is it.if the DB is put in deep level of the drive will give mi the err msg.if i put the file in then can says that i need permission to connect.can someone help.thanks.<BR><BR>Michael

Default RE: Cannot connect DB

Let me see your connection string... also the code that you are using to open the data.

MichaelCher Guest

Default RE: Cannot connect DB

this is my declaration:<BR>Dim objConn, objRS, objComm, connStr<BR>Dim adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdTable <BR><BR>adOpenForwardOnly = 0<BR>adLockReadOnly = 1<BR>adCmdTable = 2<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>Set objComm = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR><BR>objCon n.ConnectionString="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:980542hDBProjectDB.mdb;"<BR><BR>this is my connection:<BR>objConn.Open<BR>objComm.ActiveConne ction = objConn<BR>objRS.Open "LoginInformation", objConn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdTable<BR><BR>I always hv problem in the objConn.Open