Thread: CDONTS

shaheed Guest

Default CDONTS

i want to send my mail from server side to client side but i am using PWS so how can i use this CDONTS COMPONENT IN PWS plz refer me the site where i download this component

Default You're outta luck

Sorry, but CDONTS stands for:<BR><BR>Collaborative Data Objects for NT Server. PWS runs on Windows 9X or Windows NT Workstation, not Windows NT Server. So... you can&#039;t use CDONTS with PWS, sorry.

Rachit Guest

Default RE: CDONTS

try following code..not sure whether it&#039;d work with PWS or not..surely works with any IIS.<BR><BR>see if you can find the object in your registry.."CDONTS.NewMail"<BR>search for it.<BR><BR>good luck :)<BR><BR>&#060;% @language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039;--------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&#039;<BR>&#039; Mailout using CDONTS.NewMail<BR>&#039;<BR>&#039;--------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>&#039; declare all variables<BR>Option Explicit<BR>Dim objSendMail<BR>Dim strTo, strFrom<BR>Dim strSubject, strBody<BR><BR>&#039; mail constants (some are for reference)<BR>Const CdoBodyFormatHTML = 0 &#039; Body property is HTML<BR>Const CdoBodyFormatText = 1 &#039; Body property is plain text (default)<BR>Const CdoMailFormatMime = 0 &#039; NewMail object is in MIME format<BR>Const CdoMailFormatText = 1 &#039; NewMail object is plain text (default)<BR>Const CdoLow = 0 &#039; Low importance<BR>Const CdoNormal = 1 &#039; Normal importance (default)<BR>Const CdoHigh = 2 &#039; High importance<BR><BR>strFrom = "" &#039; change to your email address<BR>strTo = " " &#039; change to the recipient&#039;s address<BR>strSubject = "Test Message" &#039; change to your subject<BR><BR>&#039; this line calls the ReadFile() function to read the page contents<BR>strBody = "what&#039;s up what&#039;s up"<BR><BR>&#039; this line calls the MakePage() function to format the page as HTML<BR>&#039;strBody = MakePage(strSubject,strBody)<BR><BR>&#039; the following section creates the mail object and sends the mail<BR>Set objSendMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> objSendMail.From = strFrom<BR> objSendMail.To = strTo<BR> objSendMail.Subject = strSubject <BR> objSendMail.Body = strBody<BR><BR> objSendMail.BodyFormat = CdoBodyFormatHTML<BR> objSendMail.MailFormat = CdoMailFormatMime<BR> objSendMail.Importance = CdoNormal<BR><BR> objSendMail.Send<BR>Set objSendMail = Nothing<BR><BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: CDONTS

go to and search for CDONTS. there you will find a downloadable package that includes the setup instructions and dll&#039;s that are required to operate CDONTS.<BR><BR>good luck.