I am trying to connect to SQL Server without using DSN. Following is the code I am using to try to achive this.<BR><BR>Dim conn<BR>Dim rs <BR>set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>conn.Mode = adModeRead<BR>conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=(local);Database=smalltalks.net;UID=xxx;PWD =xxx;"<BR>conn.CursorLocation = adUseClient<BR>Set cm = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR>conn.Open< BR>Set cm.ActiveConnection = conn<BR>Dim param<BR>Set param = cm.CreateParameter("list_all", adInteger, adParamInput, 4, NO)<BR>cm.Parameters.Append param<BR>Set param = cm.CreateParameter("mark_date", adInteger, adParamInput, 4, YES)<BR>cm.Parameters.Append param<BR>Set param = cm.CreateParameter("list_down", adInteger, adParamInput, 4, NO)<BR>cm.Parameters.Append param<BR>cm.CommandText = "sp_list_log_entries"<BR>cm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc <BR>Set rs = cm.Execute <BR>Dim log_id <BR>Dim log_file_name <BR>log_id = rs("log_file_name")<BR><BR>and I am getting the following error:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0cc1&#039; <BR>Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. <BR><BR>This error is generated by the line log_id = rs("log_file_name")<BR><BR>But if I use "DSN=smalltalks;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx" for ConnectionString and setup a DSN it works fine.<BR><BR>What am I doing wrong.<BR><BR>If you are wondering why I want to use a DSN less connection, I have read in several articles that it&#039;s faster than a DSN based connection.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>