NT Logon User

Thread: NT Logon User

Pat Brunet Guest

Default NT Logon User

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;d like to know if the following is possible:<BR><BR>When the user accesses the site, my asp page checks the user NT login account (Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") that he entered in the morning through the NT login screen and directs the user to specific page. All this is accomplish without IIS prompting the user for a username and password when starting the browser. <BR><BR>Thanks for your help,<BR><BR>Pat

Default Not that I know of

Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") will not get populated over a web browser without the annoying login window. You might be able to accomplish something similar with cookies.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Default When users use IE4+

When your users use IE4+,<BR>and you set authentication method to<BR>WIN NT Challenge/Response<BR>and you do not allow ananymous access,<BR>then you can use your Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")<BR>But for NN, they&#039;ll get a logon-box.<BR><BR>Bart.

Default RE: Not that I know of

This can be handled seemlessly in IE - your site has to be in the user&#039;s Intranet Zone, and their browser has to be set to "Login automatically in Intranet Zone".<BR><BR>Dunc