Opening A Text File And Writing To It

Thread: Opening A Text File And Writing To It

pnub Guest

Default Opening A Text File And Writing To It

I am getting frustrated yet again becuase I cannot open a text file that does exist and write to it. I keep getting a Permission Denied error at the following line (where ForWriting = 2):<BR><BR>Set strFile = objFile.OpenTextFile("d:area23wwwcgi-bin\"&id&".ini", ForWriting, True)<BR><BR>Can anybody help me understand why I cannot write to this file?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>pnub

Default RE: Opening A Text File And Writing To It

Chances are the write permissions for that directory are not set. Using the IIS 4 Admin Tool, right click on the directory you want to write to, and check the Write permission checkbox.<BR><BR>That should do it! (Or, if you are being hosted from some company, ask them to grant write permissions to the directory you are needing to write to.)

pnub Guest

Default RE: Opening A Text File And Writing To It

Yes, I have done that...I have contacted my host and they have set the write permissions. I can write files perfectly ok but when I go to open them up later and write to them, I can&#039t do that...that is when I get the Permission Denied error...I can&#039t open an already created file and write to it...why?